Another hilarious instalment of BBC Two’s W1A and the Damage Limitation Team are under pressure, as usual to avert a crisis. Here are a few highlights:
- Anna’s in an ambulance (yes, exactly yes) ~ The previous week’s episode saw Anna Rampton pass out in the black cab in on their return journey to the BBC. Whether her sudden interest in cycling has taken its toll or whether its a cunning move on her part given the latest scandal regarding the BBC Big Band axing – we don’t know. The fact is she probably doesn’t know, either. However, before long she’s back at the helm and being faced with the prospect of appearing on the Lunchtime News!
- Lunchtime News ~ The Lunchtime News (which doesn’t really exist according to Neil – he’s quick to correct ‘know it all’ Simon) is to be the platform for Sophie Raworth to interview Anna about the axing of the BBC Big Band. This means a plan of action needs to be made by the Damage Limitation Team and all they seem worried about is how much time they have left to make a plan. Plus the meeting is disrupted by Ben and Jerry each going for interviews for their own jobs.
- BBC Me ~ Will is lurking in Reception and unsuccessful in his mission to capture celebrities passing by and engage them in the BBC Me super selfie scheme. His attempt to ask Brian Cox is met with the cold shoulder. However, he soon finds a willing candidate in David, who takes it all too seriously. Plus when the footage is viewed by a curious Izzy and Jack, a face pops up who may be unfamiliar to nice but dim, Will – but is certainly known to everyone else. It’s Hugh Grant!
- Anna’s in an ambulance AGAIN (yes, exactly yes) ~ Whether it’s another attempt to avoid a sticky situation (i.e. the Lunchtime News which isn’t really the Lunchtime News) or the sight of Ian and Lucy together, is unclear. However, what is clear is the glass door that Anna manages to collide headlong with and she is reunited with the Paramedic from her earlier ambulance requirement! Garbling all sorts about a ‘trip to the continent’ and asking Ian to “take that skirt off” – she’s “talking garbage” according to unhelpful Siobhan. This time, she’s carted off to hospital, flanked by a bewildered Faiza Rajah.
- Fletcher to the rescue ~ The big moment arrives, there’s not even eight minutes left to make a plan and with a nudge from Lucy, Ian saves the day yet again. Informing a dismissive Sophie Raworth that the BBC Big Band will be part of BBC Me. Phew!
|Jack Patterson||Jonathan Bailey|
|Ian Fletcher||Hugh Bonneville|
|Faiza Rajah||Priyanga Burford|
|Tracey Pritchard||Monica Dolan|
|Jerry Guildencrantz||Ivan Gonzalez|
|Adam Brady||Laurence Howarth|
|Siobhan Sharpe||Jessica Hynes|
|David Wilkes||Rufus Jones|
|Izzy Gould||Ophelia Lovibond|
|Ben Rosenstern||Max Olesker|
|Anna Rampton||Sarah Parish|
|Fiona Craig||Pooky Quesnel|
|Will Humphries||Hugh Skinner|
|Lucy Freeman||Nina Sosanya|
|Simon Harwood||Jason Watkins|
|Neil Reid||David Westhead|
|Executive Producer||Jon Plowman|
Catch up with the episode here: W1A