Well, what can I say? My sister blog Break A Leg was nominated a total of THREE TIMES for the Blogger Recognition Award. After nurturing it for many years, it was such an honour! However, to then find that my new blog has also been nominated was an unexpected surprise and treat. So here’s my acceptance on behalf of TV & Movie Scene!
The Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by bloggers and it is a way to show appreciation for the commitment and hard work that is needed to start a blog.
Rules for accepting this Award:
Take the time to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story about how your blog started
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 10-15 new bloggers you want to nominate
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, provide the link to the post you created.
So I very humbly accept the award nomination, this is a new ‘baby’ which I am hoping will come on in leaps and bounds as Break A Leg has and I’m excited about having another place to share my passions. Thanks to Chloe Buckles of Inept Ramblings for the nomination – I’m really chuffed!
How I started TV & Movie Scene…
I started this sister blog to Break A Leg literally weeks ago. I have developed a large network through my blogging career and often have the privilege of attending movies and comic cons to review. I also began reviewing television episodes, this was a progression having teamed up with the amazing Cathy Shipton who plays Duffy in BBC One’s Casualty. She has been hugely instrumental in helping me to obtain interviews with some of the show’s most popular stars. Thanks also to Lorraine Cheshire who was able to assist me with interviewing the cast of Sky One’s Trollied, one of my all time best loved comedies.
Break A Leg is generally a term used in the theatre, so I didn’t feel that the title of my first blog leant itself to the other areas that my blogging career was branching into.
So here we are… blog number two!
Advice For New Bloggers
- Consider your niche and what genre of content will work well on your blog.
- Select a number of topics and write a few posts in those areas. Lists are often a popular read, quick, snappy and to the point.
- Build your reputation and remember you’re the face and voice of your work and ultimately, your empire. Consider the way in which you approach the people you would like to collaborate with.
- Social media is so important, share your posts on as many platforms as you can and don’t be afraid to share an old post when it becomes relevant again.
- Enjoy it!
I’m taking the coward’s way out and keeping my nominees the same as in my previous acceptance for Break A Leg, because these blogs are my favourites and the ones I dip in and out of the most frequently.
- Frantastic View – an amazing blog from Francesca Mepham which is reflective and positive.
- Mama Geek – Zoe Corkhill’s fantastic blog which is a font of all knowledge from both Zoe and her children’s perspectives.
- Life Of Ellie Grace – there’s a great mixture of everything on this blog and I happened upon it while seeking Manchester based bloggers for a PR job!
- I Talk Telly – From Elliot Gonzalez who loves telly as much as I do, so he talks about it!
- As Seen On Jean – a really chatty blog which I recently discovered and pop in on from time to time, now.
- Cityscape Bliss – I happened upon this blog when I attended a fantastic blogging workshop and it’s a real inspirational read.
- The Best Version Of Kelly – I really like the mixture of reviews and posts on this blog and I know that Kelly is new to it – but she’s doing a fine job.
- Inept Ramblings – Chloe Buckles is the owner of this one and I think it’s a great conversational read about life’s observations. Chloe has been known to guest blog for me, too. Thank You Chloe!
- Life In A Breakdown – This blog is brilliant for hints and tips plus there is something that everyone will identify with on there. Plus I’m supporting a fellow midlands blogger who is doing an incredible job.
- Carry On Blogging – I am an unashamed Carry On film fan, brought up watching them and still love to watch them now. So this blog is right up my street, ooh matron!